Nowadays everyone has their own vehicle, which is very important to have a driving license to run. From a two-wheeler to a commercial vehicle, if you want to drive on the road, then you will need a driving license.
The Driving Licence is also considering vital identity proof in India. A person who has completed the age of 18 can apply for a driving licence.
In past days as per Rule 8 of the Central Motor Vehicles Rule-1989, the applicant was required to have at least an eighth pass to get a driving license. At present, the Road Transport Ministry has changed this rule. The Ministry has removed Rule 8 of the Central Motor Vehicles Rule-1989 through the eighth amendment. That is, even illiterate people can get a driving licence.
Many people take the help of an agent in order to save a little time and waste extra money. Sometimes agents are fraudulent and disappear with the money. In this article, we will explain in detail the method of making a driving license.
The validity of the Driving Licence
- The driving licence issued is valid throughout India.
- The driving licence issued for 20 or 50 years of age, whichever comes first.
- The driving licence issued for a transport vehicle is valid for three years.
Documents required for driving license
Residence proof (permanent address certificate) like – Voter ID card, Aadhar Card, Passport, Electricity or telephone bill, house tax receipt, Ration card, ID card issued to government employees, issued from Tehsil or DM office Done residence certificate, etc.
Age proof (Age certificate) like – Birth certificate, High school / 10th mark sheet or certificate, PAN card, CGHS card or affidavit of date of birth in front of a magistrate
ID proof like – PAN card, Voter ID card, Aadhar Card, Passport, Ration card, etc.
Four passport size color photos
How to apply for a driving license online
You must obtain a learner’s license before applying for a driving license. Without a valid learner’s licence, you cannot apply for a permanent driving licence. Also learning to drive in the open road without a learner’s license is a legal offense.
The validity of a learner’s license is 6 months. If you have failed to apply for a permanent driving license in these 6 months, then you should get a new learner’s license again.
- First, you should visit https://parivahang.gov.in/sarathiservice
- You will be asked to select the state you want your state license to be made.
- Now you have the option to apply online. Now click on the “Apply Online” link and click on the new driving license link
- The online application form will open, where you will have to fill out all the information sought correctly. Remember that it is not possible to edit the application after submission.
- You can also pay the fees for the application online.
- After completing the application, note down the application number and keep it
Applicants should take the print out of the duly filled-in ONLINE application along with the reference number and submit the same at the chosen RTO.
After the online process, a physical driving test should appear in the RTO which you have chosen.
For this physical driving test, you will have to take your own or rent a vehicle with you.
After approval at RTO, a maximum of 45 days’ time is taken to complete the process and despatch the driving licence to the applicant’s address.
You can check the application status on the portal if the postal tracking number is provided by the RTO.
Follow the instructions of the officer standing in front and driving with all the traffic rules.
Do not become nervous or overconfident.
Keep your test vehicle in good condition